RS Bunda Group
Dr. Rizal Sini Memorial Oncology Clinic (RSM) officially opened in March 2020. RSM Oncology believes that cancer patients and their families should benefit from treatment with new clinically relevant technologies. RSM Oncology is the commemoration of d. Rizal Sini, SpOG’s dedication as the founder of BMHS.
The existence of RSM also helps cancer patients receive integrated or multidisciplinary care. Previously, the management of cancer patients sometimes involved many referrals from one doctor to another, which confuses and causes patient dissatisfaction.
4 Services available at RSM Oncology
1. Cancer Diagnosis RSM Oncology will assist patients in diagnosing cancer as the usual first course of action. The essential thing to do in identifying cancer type is by doing a physical examination, blood tests, urine tests, imaging tests, and a biopsy. In addition to knowing the variety, this stage is also essential to know the severity and actions to prevent growth and accelerate healing in patients.
2. Treating Cancer After diagnosing and knowing the severity of cancer in the patient, RSM Oncology, through multidisciplinary specialists, will then carry out the treatment (action) stage. The level of the disease suffered so that each patient determines the treatment process and the dose of action. These treatment methods can include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, and hormone therapy. The oncology specialist will also provide several types of drugs that the patient must take to reduce and minimize the side effects of some of the above cancer treatment methods.
3. Take preventive measures
After the oncology specialist has finished taking treatment, RSM Oncology will also assist the patient in taking preventive measures. Scheduled check-ups either with an oncologist or other specialist doctors are one of the solutions.
4. Palliative According to the World Health Organization (WHO), Palliative care is an approach that improves the quality of life of patients and families facing life-threatening health problems through prevention and action to reduce pain, physical, social and spiritual problems that patients face during treatment. Generally, this treatment aims at cancer patients with advanced stages. The oncologist will help the patient relieve symptoms by prescribing additional cancer pain medications during treatment. Then, the nutritionist will also monitor the cancer diet the patient lives in and overcome problems in fulfilling these nutrients. Not only cancer, people with other chronic diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and issues with the nervous system that are hard to cure, can also take this treatment. Generally, a specialist in palliative medicine or a healthcare practitioner with specialized training carried out this treatment. However, medical specialists, nurses, nutritionists, pharmacists, therapists, psychologists, spiritual counselors, and psychologists are also involved.
SUPERIORITY The existence of RSM will shorten the time of diagnosis with the initiation of appropriate therapy. This clinic will also help patients get the best service because the multidisciplinary team members regularly hold very effective meetings. Overall, the interdisciplinary approach improves the quality of cancer patient care and is cost-effective.
DOCTOR RIZAL Team HERE MEMORIAL ONCOLOGY CLINIC
1. Prof. DR. dr. Aru Wisaksono Sudoyo, SpPD-KHOM., FACP (Consultant)
2. dr. Agus Rizal, SpU (K), PhD
3. dr. Kartiwa Hadi N, SpOG (K) Onk
4. dr. Ariansah Margaluta, SpB-KBD
5. dr. Reza Musmarliansyah, SpB (K) Onk
6. dr. Hayatun Nufus, SpPD
7. dr. Kartika, SpOG-FNVOG
8. dr. Rajesh Kalwani, SpPD – KHOM